Sunday, March 29, 2020

III year - THINK 3, Unit 10, p.94

Hello everyone!

Today we begin with the first grammar content in unit 10. We are going to discuss the future continuous tense, its formation and use, along with some exercises from the web, but also some interesting personal examples. Look at the two sentences in exercise 1, both in connection to the article on the previous page about James Howells. When you complete the two examples, you should get the answers:

1. Twenty years from now, will we still be using notes and coins?
2. In a few decades' time, everyone all over the world will be using a single currency.

In the rule rectangle you have the definition of the use of this tense. We use the future continuous tense to talk about things that will be in progress at a specified time in the future. It indicates that something will occur in the future and continue for an expected length of time. 

We form this tense with will + be + verb-ingThe future continuous tense isn't taught very much in English classes but, in fact, English speakers use it a lot. You will sound much more natural if you master this tense. 


  • We won't be having dinner at home tonight.
  • At 4 pm, I'll be riding the train back home.
Note that it's usually used with future time expressions, such as: next time, next year, at this time tomorrow, at 5 pm tomorrow, in the future...Probably most frequently this tense is used with by+time expression, e.g. by 7 o'clock tonight.

TASK 1:

1. Now read through exercise 2, sentences 1–6 and complete the exercise. Use contractions wherever possible. Be careful about state/activity verbs. Send me the answers.
2. Complete the text in exercise 3, use either future simple or continuous. Send me the answers.


Extra activities because practice makes perfect :)    
 |  |  |
V V V
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As our first vocabulary content in unit 10, let's look at words and expressions targeting money and value. Before you begin with the first exercise, read the following story, as it can help you match them with the definitions correctly:

Last week, my friend phoned and said there was a sale on at the shopping centre. She said there were lots of bargains and things on offer. I went to the sale and got $20 off a jumper. It was very good value for money. However, when I got home I found a hole in it, so I had to take it back and ask for a refund. On the way back home, I found a wallet on the street. It had an address in it, so I took it round and gave it to the owner, who was an artist. He was so pleased that he gave me a reward - a painting he had done of the Taj Mahal. I looked him up on the Internet when I got home and discovered that the painting is quite valuable - it's worth about 1000$!

TASK 2:

3. Match the words with the definitions. Send me the answers.
4. Complete the sentences with the words from exercise 1. Send me the complete sentences.
5. Answer the questions in exercise 3 about yourself and send me the answers.


TASK 3 (extra effort for extra grade <3 ) 
НЕ Е ЗАДОЛЖИТЕЛНА, но ако се сработи кажува многу ;)


5. Fill in the gaps with the correct verb, in the correct form. Find the unknown vocab by yourself!

(not) earn, inherit, borrow, lend, steal, find, invest,
waste, pay (back), owe, withdraw

1. When I was younger, I _______________ some money in Nokia. It was a really good idea because the company has been very successful, and I have made a lot of money.
2. I was very sad when my grandfather died, but I used the money I _____________ from him to study, and I think he would be very happy that I am a teacher now.
3. Claire works as a secretary, but she _______________ much money, so her mum often has to ______________ her some.
4.  A couple of years ago I ____________ £20 outside the pub. I ___________ it all on things I didn’t need.
5. When I was a student I had to _______________ lots of money from the bank. I __________ all the money back last year, so now I don’t _______ the bank anything.
6. You should be careful when you ______________ money from a cashpoint machine because somebody might be behind you waiting to ___________ it from you.

6. Answer the questions about yourself.

1. Have you/your family ever bought anything as a good value for money? What happened?
2. Have you ever found any money by accident? Did you keep it? Why/why not?
3. Have you ever been given a reward? What for? What happened?

I'll be expecting your answers till Tuesday, 23:59 pm. Sending lots of love to you all 💕


And here's a song using the future continuous tense....enjoy!